A Board of Directors, made up of 7 people elected at the Annual General Meeting, manages the Association. The association’s daily operations are managed by a part-time General Coordinator, who has been employed by the organization since November 2002 thanks to an operating grant from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ). Since 2017, a new position of Member Services and Communications Manager position has been created, also on a part-time basis.
Working committees are set up to carry out specific projects, and it is the quality of the members’ volunteer involvement that gives our association its unparalleled dynamism. The Association is also represented at the Conseil québécois du théâtre (CQT) and at the Conseil québécois des ressources humaines en culture (CQRHC). These implications allow the association to take part in the major debates of the day to carry its members’ voices, to participate in the development of continuing education programs, and to act as the only professional artistic association devoted to puppeteers in Quebec. Each year, AQM organizes various activities aimed at the growth of the medium: workshops and professional development courses, informal meetings, publications, etc. Each year, the AQM organizes various activities aimed at developing the discipline. It also acts as a mobilizing agent by coordinating the participation of its members around innovative projects promoting the puppetry arts.
Continuous education Manager
Communications and member services Manager
Board of Directors
Marthe Adam, Sabrina Baran, Magali Chouinard, Zach Fraser, Louise Lapointe et Isabelle Payant
- Coordinate and encourage the representation and commitment of AQM within UNIMA;
- Facilitate and develop collaboration with other sections of UNIMA-Canada.
Louise Lapointe, Lucile Prosper, Cloé Ratio, Geneviève Thibault et Dinaïg Staal
- Develop the program of continuing education activities based on practitioners’ needs;
- Create partnerships and ensure cohesion between the various training offers linked to the puppetry arts;
- Develop reflection activities that promote the advancement of the art.
Jérémie Desbiens, Hélène Ducharme, Maude Gareau, Sara Moisan et Vincent Ranallo
- To ensure the good representation of the specific challenges of the puppetry arts within the authorities where the AQM sits and with the Arts Councils.
Denise Babin, Michelle Chanonat, Isabelle Chrétien, Alain Lavallée, Lucile Prosper, Vincent Ranallo et Carl Veilleux
- Reflect, orient and develop the content of the publication Marionnettes;
- Take part in the production and distribution of Marionnettes.
This committee is supported by an ad hoc reading committee that reviews the texts.
Noë Cropsal, Marie-Claude Daoust, Myriame Larose, Antonia Leney-Granger, Pavla Mano et Karine St-Arnaud
- Develop and organize activities with the aim of multiplying opportunities for exchanges and meetings between AQM members.