A Board of Directors, made up of 7 people elected at the Annual General Meeting, manages the Association. The association’s daily operations are managed by a part-time General Coordinator, who has been employed by the organization since November 2002 thanks to an operating grant from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ). Recently, a new position of Member Services and Communications Manager position has been created, also on a part-time basis.
Working committees are set up to carry out specific projects, and it is the quality of the members’ volunteer involvement that gives our association its unparalleled dynamism. The Association is also represented at the Conseil québécois du théâtre (CQT) and at the Conseil québécois des ressources humaines en culture (CQRHC). These implications allow the association to take part in the major debates of the day to carry its members’ voices, to participate in the development of continuing education programs, and to act as the only professional artistic association devoted to puppeteers in Quebec. Each year, AQM organizes various activities aimed at the growth of the medium: workshops and professional development courses, informal meetings, publications, etc. Each year, the AQM organizes various activities aimed at developing the discipline. It also acts as a mobilizing agent by coordinating the participation of its members around innovative projects promoting the puppetry arts.
General Coordinator: Vincent Ranallo, firstname.lastname@example.org, (514) 270-2717
Member Services and Communications Manager: Cloé Ratio, email@example.com, (514) 270-2717
Board of Directors
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTOR, AQM (2018-2019)
President : Denys Lefebvre, Tenon Mortaise
Vice-president : Antonia Leney-Granger, puppeter
Tresurer : Stéphane Guy, Théâtre des Petites Âmes
Secretary : Maude Gareau, Ombres Folles
Administrator : Sabrina Baran, L’Illusion, Théâtre de marionnettes
Administrator : Lucile Prosper, marionnettiste
Administrator: Geneviève Thibault, marionnettiste
Delegate to the Conseil québécois du théâtre (CQT): Denys Lefebvre
Noë Cropsal, Marie-Claude Daoust, Myriame Larose, Antonia Leney-Granger, Pavla Mano and Karine St-Arnaud
- Develop and organize activities with the aim of multiplying opportunities for exchanges and meetings between AQM members.
Marthe Adam, Sabrina Baran, Magali Chouinard, Zach Fraser, Louise Lapointe and Isabelle Payant
- Coordinate and encourage the representation and commitment of AQM within UNIMA;
- Facilitate and develop collaboration with other sections of UNIMA-Canada.
Denise Babin, Michelle Chanonat, Noë Cropsal, Maude Gareau, Alain Lavallée and Lucile Prosper
- Reflect, orient and develop the content of the publication Marionnettes;
- Take part in the production and distribution of Marionnettes.
This committee is supported by an ad hoc reading committee that reviews the texts.
Stéphane Heine, Louise Lapointe, Lucile Prosper, Cloé Ratio and Dinaïg Stall
- Develop the program of continuing education activities based on practitioners’ needs;
- Create partnerships and ensure cohesion between the various training offers linked to the puppetry arts;
- Develop reflection activities that promote the advancement of the art.