The Quebec Association of Puppeteers (AQM) is pleased to once again open the doors of the International House of Puppet Arts (MIAM) to its members!
For this sixth edition, AQM is offering, twice in 2024, a creative space within MIAM. This initiative will allow professionals from the puppetry arts to refine an already started work, initiate the development of a project, or deepen their artistic approach.
- Each creative residency lasts for twelve (12) days.
- They take place at the International House of Puppet Arts (MIAM) and include the Desjardins Versants du Mont Royal Lab and/or the Workshop and/or the Sharon Azrieli Studio (as needed), up to $2000. Any excess is invoiced by Casteliers to the laureate.
Residencies take place during the following periods:
- Monday, April 15 to April 26, 2024
- Tuesday, May 13 to May 24, 2024
Each residency is accompanied by a grant of twelve hundred fifty dollars (1250$).
- One (1) residency is offered to a member of Greater Montreal.
- One (1) residency is offered to a member outside Greater Montreal with an additional grant of seven hundred fifty dollars (750$) for travel.
- Be an Individual or Company member of the Quebec Association of Puppeteers for the year 2023-2024.
- Have not benefited from AQM’s residency program during the 2022-2023 season.
- Only one application per member will be accepted.
- Members must complete the application form, including a brief description of the show or ongoing project.
- Fill out the registration form here
Selection Process and Announcement of Results:
- The selection of projects will be made through random draws from all received applications, following the democratic process advocated by AQM:
- One (1) draw for the residency offered to a member of Greater Montreal.
- One (1) draw for the residency offered to a member outside Greater Montreal.
- AQM will try to take into account the availability of its members. As residency dates are not flexible, if two winners are only available at the same time, the draw order will be taken into consideration.
The draw results will be webcast on AQM’s Facebook page on Tuesday, December 12, 2023.
Deadline to submit your application:
Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:59 PM.